It’s definitely challenging when put on the spot to think of a series of yearbook questions to ask your students. Striking a balance between informative, interesting and answerable isn’t always easy. Try to pick yearbook questions with the widest appeal to your students and mix it up between quick-fire questions and open-ended questions to give opportunity for more detail.
Here’s a bunch of yearbook questions to give you a leg-up – use them yourself, or take them as inspiration to brainstorm your own questions. Also check out our previous post Questions for students and teachers (you might not have thought of) for extra ideas!
- Favourite school dinner
- Three words to describe your school
- Describe your final year in three words
- Favourite school sports event
- Favourite extracurricular activity
- Society membership
- Favourite art project
Ask questions about them – their personal taste, what stuff they own, etc. it makes for a valuable memento when they look back in years to come…
All about you
- Which mobile do you have?
- Most-used mobile app
- Favourite YouTuber
- How many YouTube subscribers do you have?
- Most talked about film / TV show
- Your biggest fashion faux-pas
- Favourite meme
- Most used social media platform
- Favourite Instagram filter
- Best Snapchat of the year
- Favourite reality TV Show
- Most wanted piece of tech
Ask your students to write a bit more with these more anecdotal questions which require a bit more thought and a few more words…
- What’s your favourite school memory?
- Which was your favourite event, and why?
- Most embarrassing moment
- What’s your school, class or year group tradition?
- What are your plans for the next 12 months?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
- What are your life goals for the next 10 years?
- Which travel locations are on your bucket list?
- Which teacher / tutor / staff member has given you most inspiration?
- What has been the biggest change in your life during school?
- Who would you take on a road trip, and why?
- Who would be in your school band and what would they play?
- If you could be on any reality TV show, which one would it be?
- Who would you invite to a tea party?
- What would you ditch school prom for?
- If your life was a movie, which movie would it be?
- Which food item can’t you like without?
- If you could volunteer anywhere for a month, where would it be? What would you do there?
Ready to start your yearbook project? Request a trial account of our online Yearbook Hub and have a play!
Picture Designed by Freepik