Writing your yearbook comment can be difficult, especially when you’re not sure where to start.
If you’re not sure what to say in your yearbook comment, don’t worry! Film and cinema script writers have already done the hard work for you.
Here’s a list of the very best movie quotes for your yearbook, from films both past and present.
Quotes for those who are Done with Education
Done with school? Announce your departure with style!
“That’ll do, pig. That’ll do.”
– Farmer Hoggett, Babe
“Hasta la vista, baby.”
– The Terminator, Terminator 2: Judgment Day
“Roads? Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.”
– Doc, Back to the Future
Quotes for those Headed for Further Education
Let everyone know you’re headed for greener pastures with aplomb.
“Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.”
– Michael Corleone, The Godfather: Part III
“I wish I knew how to quit you.”
– Jack Twist, Brokeback Mountain
“I’ll be back.”
– The Terminator, The Terminator
“To infinity and beyond!”
– Buzz Lightyear, Toy Story
Quotes for Your Inner Nerd
Celebrate your inner nerd with these quotes.
“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.”
– Gandalf, Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
“It is not our abilities that show what we truly are. It is our choices.”
– Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
“Do, or do not. There is no ‘try’.”
– Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back
“Worrying means you suffer twice.”
– Newt Scamander, Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them
“Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.”
– Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones
Quotes for Class Clowns
Immortalise your silly side with these questionable quotes.
“There is no spoon.”
– The Oracle, The Matrix
“Why so serious?”
– The Joker, The Dark Knight
“I am Groot.”
– Groot, Guardians of the Galaxy
“My momma always said, ‘Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get.’”
– Forrest Gump, Forrest Gump
“Wax on, wax off.”
– Mr Miyagi, The Karate Kid
Quotes for the Defiant
Declare your defiance with these fierce quotes.
“The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.”
– The Emperor, Mulan
“Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it.”
– Rafiki, from The Lion King
“After a while, you learn to ignore the names people call you and just trust who you are.”
– Shrek, Shrek
“What I do is not up to you.”
– Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman
“Just keep swimming.”
– Dory, Finding Nemo
“Pluck my life!”
– Red, The Angry Birds Movie