A blank page can be scary to some. Where do you start when writing your yearbook comment, or quote? Leading questions are a great way to guide your fellow year group.
You’ve probably thought of the obvious ones, like ‘nickname‘, ‘most memorable moment‘, ‘favourite colour‘, ‘what will you be doing in 10 years time?‘, etc. so we’ve gathered a few more ideas to help you expand your student, teacher and primary yearbook profile questions.
Questions for students
- Favourite song for the journey to school
- What’s on your bucket list for the summer holidays?
- If today was your last day on Earth, what would you do?
- What three things would you take to a desert island?
- What was your favourite school meal?
- Most embarrassing moment
- What’s your favourite piece of tech?
- What advice would you give to next years’ school leavers?
- I will always remember…
- What was the silliest saying?
- What was this year’s must-have fashion item?
- If you won the lottery what would you do with the money?
- Which was you favourite school club?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What will you be remembered for?
Questions for teachers
- What’s your ‘go to’ song for the journey to school?
- What’s the best thing about being a teacher?
- Most embarrassing teacher moment
- Who/what inspired you to become a teacher?
- What’s your best party trick?
- What’s your favourite way to spend a Saturday night?
- What would be your dream destination for the summer holidays?
- What is your favourite food?
- What one piece of advice would you give to your students?
- What’s your favourite quote?
- If you could take your leavers on one last school trip anywhere, where would it be?
- How do you think your students will remember you?
Questions for primary school pupils
- What/who will you miss the most?
- What was your favourite school dinner?
- Which school trip/activity was your favourite?
- If you could be an animal for a day, which animal would you be?
- What are you looking forward to most at secondary school?
- Which project have you most enjoy working on?
- If you could grow one fruit, or vegetable in the school garden what would it be?
- Who/what did you dress up as for World Book Day?
- What is your dream car?
- What is your favourite book?
- What are your 3 best skills?
- If you could go into space, which planet would you visit first?
- What’s your proudest moment?
- I’m best known for…
- What is the nicest thing you’ve done for someone else?
How to collect answers to your yearbook questions
Once you have your crafted bunch of questions, you’re going to want to collect the answers! If you have access to Google, set up a spreadsheet and form to send out.
Free online survey tools, such as Survey Monkey, or Typeform are really quick and easy to set up. If you’ve got a leavers’ year group on Facebook, or Whatsapp send the survey link and give a clear deadline for submitting their answers.
The list of questions above are by no means exhaustive, but I hope it’s given you a few more options for your interview-style profile pages.
If you have any question ideas of you own we’d love to hear them! Use the comments box below, or email [email protected]