Unsure whether your school should do a yearbook this year? Here are 10 simple reasons why you should!
- Remember your friends and teachers when you were at school.
- Look back at what you were wearing and what hairstyles were fashionable – and maybe wonder what you were thinking!
- In years to come, you can prove that you went to school with a famous person.
- Remember old boyfriends and girlfriends, or current ones – you may be looking at your yearbook together in the future!
- Read comments and messages – has someone confessed a secret crush on you?
- When you have a school reunion in the future, see if people followed their ‘In 10 years time I’ll be…’ ambitions.
- In the future, enjoy looking back and getting nostalgic. A yearbook is a memory book too.
- Make a profit! Any surplus money you raise could go towards the prom or be donated to a school project.
- Build important life/career skills during the planning and organising of your yearbook project.
- And most importantly… to celebrate the achievement of finishing school with the excitement of receiving your yearbook!
Don’t believe me? You will once you read this article – Why a Yearbook is a Better Time Capsule than Social Media.
One day, Instagram will go the way of MySpace, and disappear. When that happens, you’ll be glad to have a printed yearbook.