When it comes to producing your yearbook there are a few things you and your yearbook committee need to carefully consider, plan and factor into your project. Here are a few important things to think about:
- The amount of time that it’s going to take you to complete the project – it’s a lot like a revision timetable, you need to factor in the amount of time you can spend on the project per day/week to allow you to complete the yearbook.
- When do you want to receive your yearbooks? This date gives you and SPC Yearbooks the basic foundation to plan your project. Leaving enough time for the books to go through production is essential, as we want to ensure that we can deliver for when you want them. Once you have planned your delivery date your SPC Account Manager will discuss the time frame in which we need to receive your content.
- Depending on which binding option you have chosen, there is a varying amount of production time. A full colour hardback can take anywhere from 4-6 weeks to print, bind and deliver. Softback or hardback cloth can take from 2-4 weeks production time from the date that we have received approval and sent the books to print.
- Where would like the books to be delivered to? If you have an alternative delivery address then please mark this on the approval sheet when this is sent out to you. Once we receive the approval form we will change the delivery address accordingly. Please remember it is difficult to change the address once the books have gone to print.
- Having a teacher involved in the project is crucial, as we cannot send the yearbooks to print without a signed approval sheet and either full payment or an official school purchase order. Once these have been received and a teacher has authorised the order, you can then just sit back, relax and wait for your books to arrive!
Regular contact with your Yearbook Specialist is essential in order to keep up to date on the progress you are making – this will help both you and SPC Yearbooks ensure that you are getting the help and support you need.