Under social distancing rules during the COVID-19 outbreak, most school proms have been cancelled. This can be a huge letdown. Your prom is such a special way to say goodbye to your friends…not to mention a great excuse to get dressed to the nines!
But why not take it online? Many schools have decided to hold ‘virtual proms’ this year, so leavers can still have the fun send-off they deserve.
Here are a few ideas to get your virtual event off to a good start.
- There are lots of platforms that allow group video calls. FaceTime or Skype might be the best options, as they allow large group chats with no time restrictions. Just decide on a date and time and start sending invites!
- You could decorate a room in your house to help set the stage. Why not use fairy lights or candles to create the perfect mood lighting?
- And what’s a prom without dancing? Assign one person the role of DJ and help them create a killer playlist for the event.
- You could also create a Facebook page and invite everyone to post photos and videos of themselves dressing up for the big night.
- During the prom, be sure to take lots of screencaps to commemorate the event. You could dedicate a yearbook page to your virtual prom and fill it with screencaps and selfies.
Search for #VirtualProm on social media to get more ideas and inspiration.
You could even send out printed tickets! Did you know that you can get prom tickets for FREE with your yearbook order? Click here to find out more…